Thanks to a generous donation by a parishioner, we’ve purchased and installed a system that may be helpful to those who have difficulty hearing the Mass. A small receiver, about the size of a cell phone, picks up the signal from our sound system and, via a head-phone or earpiece, delivers it directly to your ears. This eliminates issues you may have with the acoustics of our church and you can control the volume.
Here (roughly) how this will work. Please bear with us as we get started next weekend:
- Pickup a receiver from a volunteer in the narthex before Mass.
- We will have some headphones available, but you might prefer to use earpieces that you already own. If so, bring them with you.
- We want to help you remember to return the unit after Mass so the volunteer will ask you to leave something in our care. Your car keys, or cell phone might be good options.
- If you’d prefer not to do this, we’ll simply write down your name and phone number when you pick the unit.
- After Mass, return the unit (and the earpiece, if you borrowed one) and pick up what you left with us.
We hope this will help some our parishioners enter more fully into worship with us!